UC Davis led and hosted a kickoff Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) design policy workshop in 2014 and has partnered with jurisdictions on follow-on workshops, briefings, conference calls, technical presentations, and webinars for staff and stakeholders, as well as assisted jurisdictions in the development and review of technical consulting proposals and subsequent work. The project works with the UC Davis Institute of Transportation Studies’ experts on particular alternative fuel and vehicle pathways to bring flexibility in responding to topics of emerging interest to jurisdictions and to examine differences and similarities in key policy design elements as implemented across multiple jurisdictions.
- Periodic status review of California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard.
- Policy research update on Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) credit value pass-through to consumers for E85 (higher ethanol blend) fuels.
- Policy brief exploring drivers of LCFS compliance costs and cost containment options.
- LCFS policy comparison tables (short version; long version).
- Biofuel capacity tracker report (North America).